Case Study - Sanctuary Energy and Mojo Power: Market Transfers
Sanctuary Energy and Mojo Power - Market Transfers
- Acquired by Mojo Power, Sanctuary Energy was an electricity retailer with around 4,000 customers in New South Wales & Queensland.
- Mojo Power was the larger retailer, and had more advanced technology platforms, so the decision was made to move Sanctuary Energy customers into Mojo’s solution.
- Sanctuary Energy’s customers were to be transferred to Mojo’s retail licence, which would allow the Sanctuary Energy licence to be sold or used for an alternative business.
- Mojo Power had expected to use their existing sales process to transfer customers from Sanctuary Energy’s systems and licence. While this is a good approach, without certain modifications and thorough reporting, the migration ran into problems.
How Transformable Helped:
- Transformable adjusted parameters and timings of the transfers process to make it easier to execute.
- We developed plans to deal with exceptions that inevitably occur when pushing these types of market transfers.
- Finally, transformable put in place a thorough reconciliation of customers and their balances to ensure the quality of the migration process.
- With little investment in new capability, Mojo was able to transfer customers from Sanctuary Energy’s technology and license.
- Using transformable’s advice, the approach was made robust and executed successfully.
- Mojo Power has now saved from decommissioning SE’s systems and unlocked the value in the Sanctuary Energy retail license.